After the easter break I lost some really important time of my project, because I had 45% hearing loss. It was really diffcult (and freaked out) to concentrate in my live project as I was hearing everything like muted! I tried to take advantage of that situation as much as I could, so this week I have done all the arrangement for the filming day.
As we had a conversation with Simon in the class for my assignment, I decided that I had on my plan lots of things to do for my project and the most of them are kind of new to me.
Basically, I will remove the live Vj-ing from my video and I will concentrate more to the filming and be sure that I will have really nice and cinematic shots.
As I knew how exactly my final piece wanted to look like it was only mater of time, creation and edit! I had decided to create as much I could until the deadline. I had made a timeline for what I was going to do every day, but unfortunately I had a problem with the particles, that they took me a huge amount of time!
Well, the filming part was the most difficult one! Necessarily, we had to do the filming 5th of January from 23:00 until however it gets in the morning! (Because of the crew’s busy schedule!) Normally that was to late, because 9th of January I was returning back to UK and the deadline was at 15th of January. So I had to do the filming and then come back, have no life at all and do visual effects hole day long!
At the same time I had to think about the technical parts of my assignment, such as:
– green screen – where?
– How am I going to do it
– People that they are able to help me (for their own good too)
Since I had the story I was able to create my storyboard and the exact timeline of the song, so that I could send it to my friend Aliki (creator of the music) and to Eleana and Eya (friends – dancers).
Now I had to think how could I combine all of those rough ideas and have the best result that I could achieve and basically have an actual story. I came up with an analysis of my concept and found the final script of my assignment.
Every time that I get an assignment on my hands, automatically an idea comes on to my mind; either a rough idea for what I am going to create. When I first read this assignment “30 – 60 seconds of visual effects”, I realized our subject was quite open and we could do whatever we wanted to do.
Because I’ve lost last Lecture for Visual Effects, I contacted my tutor and ask him to send me a tutorial to watch it, so I wouldn’t missed anything. He replied to me and ask me to do this tutorial (http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/3d_shadows/), which is for Shadowing in a 3D environment .
I can say that I understood pretty well about shadowing and lighting, as I experimented playing with the light’s position, the text’s position and the ground’s position.